Currently nearly every business has a website. However, an overwhelming amount of those websites power to help those businesses remains to be harnessed. It is no longer enough for a business to have a web page, it must be managed and utilized to its potential for businesses to see the returns they would like. Most businesses outsource this job to web design companies, however WordPress is simple enough for some business owners to use them selves. Below are the top 5 reasons small businesses need WordPress.
1. You have the ability to update or change your website as easily as you do your Facebook account. WordPress has a ‘Dashboard” that can be logged into from your internet browser. All of the editing or changes to your website can be made with a computer with an internet connection. (You can control and edit your website from any computer with an internet connection.)
2. No special software needed! You don’t need to know code or be familiar with software like Dreamweaver, Filezilla (file transfer protocol), Cpanel, or have other advanced programming knowledge in order to effectively change you website. You edit your site directly on the server. (Manage and Maintain your website with basic computer knowledge.)
3. Easily change the look of your website with customizable website themes. This helps cut down on time and cost. There are hundreds of themes that can be customized and fitted to your specific business. As your business changes and grows your website can too, without the cost of hiring a skilled labor employee to manage your site. This is why most small businesses turn to companies like Fyresite.com to do this for them, with twice the skill and at half the cost of an employee. (WordPress allows you to easily change and customize your website in the future with little website knowledge)
4. Manage and update Meta Data for your site. As your business grows and changes, you can change your meta data on your website to affect search-engine optimization. WordPress has many SEO and Meta Data Plug-ins that can help in Search Engine Optimization of your website and because WordPress is a CMS, search engines can search content easier than traditional HTML websites. (WordPress allows you to make your website or any publication easier to find in a search engine)
5. You can download powerful plug-ins for you website in a matter of minutes. Plug-ins include sociable, contact form 7, translator, or buddy press. This allows you to turn your website into more than just a website, it allows you to optimize the various benefits you receive from you website. It makes you website more powerful, more functional, and more specific to your business. WordPress MU makes it possible for those with a website to host their own blogging community, as well as control and moderate all the blogs from a single dashboard. (There are no limits to what you can do with WordPress, you can change your website as you business grows)
6. WordPress is an Open Source software solution. The benefits of open source are it’s free to everyone and is updated on a regular basis. WordPress has over 50 million people using its software. (Free is always better!)Tags: business, design, html, seo, small business, web, websites, Wordpress