Finding an app developer can be daunting. After all, most people don’t find and hire a developer in a single day. If you want to hire an app developer but have no idea where to start, this is the right guide for you.
Even though the app building process can be lengthy, it’s worth it in the end to get the app you want and have developers supporting you along the way.
But where can you find these developers? And how do you make sure that they are fit for the task? All this can be answered by using the ultimate developer formula.
Fyresite’s Ultimate App Developer Formula
With three simple steps, you can automatically veto a number of developers and find your perfect match.
- Do your Research
- Realize the Value of Communication
- Know your Needs
Whether you are choosing an app agency or a freelance developer, by using this list you can find a pro developer that will fill all your needs.
1. Do Your Research
Since you probably found this by starting your developer research, you are already off to a good start!
By researching the basics of the developers job, you can understand their position and what to expect from them. Not to mention that by knowing all this, you can narrow down your search to find someone who better fits your needs.
The first thing you’ll want to research is if you are interested in a freelancer or in-house team.
Hiring a freelance developer is a good way to go if you are a fan of micro-managing. When using a freelance developer, you will often have to stay in constant contact because of different project oversights. And even though their hourly rates might be cheaper than a team, the amount of hours they’re working far exceeds the amount of a team.
If you prefer the constant-supervision and don’t mind that it will probably take longer to complete, a freelancer might be the right choice for you.
Another great way to build your app is through an agency.
Agencies are wonderful because they can provide you with all the information you need before even setting a meeting.
Just by combing through an agencies website, you can find:
- Past projects and Case Studies to see their successes
- Their End-to-End process
- Testimonials, Reviews, and other sources from clients
- Other services that might be relevant or helpful for your app building process
Not only are these in-house developers a great way to build your app, but they also provide extra services that could be helpful. Agencies often provide marketing insights and have team managers that ensure everything is running smoothly 100% of the time.
If any of this seems appealing to you, consider reaching out to an agency for your app development needs.
If you want to go even cheaper, you might want to consider hiring a college student. College majors need the practice and will more-than-likely be willing to charge significantly less to gain experience.
This might be helpful if your project is simple and doesn’t require much. At the end of the day, if you want the most experience with people you can really trust, hiring a development team for your app is the best way to go.
Other important aspects to research include
- The average cost of app development on projects similar to yours.
- What programming languages are used?
- How are apps tested? What are the best ways to weed out problems?
Having researched before going into a meeting will ensure that you get what you want without being taken advantage of. So know your stuff!
2. Realize the Value of Communication
Nothing is more frustrating than having a team that doesn’t value your input. And aside from frustrations, nothing is going to be done well if their communication isn’t crystal clear.
So when you have your first meeting with whatever developer you are interested in, focus on how they are communicating.
Some important questions to ask yourself include:
- Do they value what you are expressing? Are your priorities aligned?
- Have they been good at communicating so far?
- Do you get along? Make sure you want to work with them.
- How is communication done within their company? (If you decide to go this route)
As the saying goes, communication IS key, so make sure you find a developer that sees the bigger picture of your future app.
3. Know your Needs
Going into this, you should have some idea about the needs you’ll have for your app. While you don’t need to know all your desires right away, you should have some idea about the features you want and other functions that might be important to you.
By having a good understanding of your own needs, finding a developer will be so much easier. Have a list ready and ask them a few questions that will help you see them more fully.
Here are a few good questions to ask yourself and your developer:
- Do they have any reviews? Check references to see past projects and how they worked with their clients.
- What experience do they have and does it fit what you are looking for? Is there a specialty that they need to understand?
- What programming tools do they use and what is the development process like? Have them guide you through what it would be like to work with them.
- Would they be willing to sign any legal documents or contracts? Some clients prefer to have a NDA signed, so ask beforehand if that is something you are interested in.
- Have they been good communicators? How do they want to communicate with you during the app development process? Does it coincide with your preferences?
Knowing your project in-and-out is of course important for the app’s success.
By also knowing your development team and their process in-and-out, you will see that all these questions are ultra-relevant in the success of your apps development.
Are you interested in a Development team with years of experience?
Fyresite has created hundreds of successful apps and websites. Based in Phoenix, we do projects for local customers and clients all over the country.
If you want a development team you can trust, reach out today for a quote and we will turn your dream into a reality.